Facilitating management development process directed towards performance-oriented work systems, culture and practices through interactions, services and networking
The main objective of MAN, as stated in its Charter, is to apply, develop, promote management science and make necessary arrangements to offer such knowledge in Nepal. In conformance with such objective and the vision and the mission as stated above, the strategic objectives have been set as:
To bring professionals and institutes related to management development in one umbrella through networking so as to facilitate interaction, innovation and pro-active involvement for promoting management professionalism
To consolidate management development through management education, training research, consulting and information services
To keep members informed of new developments in professional management approaches and their uses
Strategies and Activities
MAN adopts four carefully articulated strategies in order to translate its vision and mission into reality. The major strategies and the areas of activities programmed under each of them are highlighted here:
1. Promotion of professional interactions:
- Friday Management Talk Program
- Interactive programs on topical issues
- Dissemination sessions on national/ regional /global trends of professional interest
2. Management education and training services:
- Promotion of management education at executive and professional levels.
- Management training activities at different levels covering critical and new areas
- Establishment of a resource centre for management development service providers
3. Consulting, research and information services:
- Management consulting services
- Policy research services
- Information services through various modes, including publications and e-devices
4. Development of membership base and networking
- Expansion of membership base: individual and institutional
- Networking with relevant professional organizations at national, regional and global levels.
For the last 27 years, MAN has been undertaking various activities on an institutional basis, which include interactive sessions, researches/studies and consultancies, EMBA program, professional training courses on different management-related themes, membership expansion drives, institutional networking, and so on.
Being a membership-based professional organization, MAN mobilizes institutional supports for its continuity, development and operation from its organs as provisioned through its charter as well as occasional decisions. Its institutional support base consists of:
- Management Committee and its sub-committees
- Management Development Centre
- Management Development Campus
- Members (both individual and institutional)
- Partner organizations (local, national, regional and international)
MAN has created Management Development Centre (MDC) in 2005 as a think-tank wing for its important professional pursuits and activities (details are available in a separate brochure of MDC).
MAN exists and undertakes its institutional activities by mobilizing resources from different sources. The major provisions for ensuring and developing its resources are:
- utilizing expertise of members, including occasional outsourcing;
- generating income from marketing of professional services; and
- mobilization of contributions from members and donors for sustainable institutional development and operation.